On 15 April, 2016 the Chairman of the State Customs Committee of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Yury Gervaziuk and the Head of the Federal Customs Service of Russia Andrey Belyaninov signed a Memorandum on cooperation between Customs administrations of Pridnestrovie and the Russian Federation. The meeting took place in Moscow with participation of the Pridnestrovian Foreign Minister Vitaly Ignatiev.
The Memorandum defines core principles and scope of cooperation between the State Customs Committee of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic and the Federal Customs Service of Russia with the view of encouraging foreign trade and strengthening economic security of both states. Under the document, customs cooperation between Pridnestrovie and the Russian Federation shall cover:
- matters concerning classification of goods and means of transport;
- matters concerning valuation of goods for customs purposes as well as declaration of customs value of goods;
- matters of application of information technologies in customs activity;
- submission of foreign trade statistics on certain goods items on inquiry;
- implementation of risk management system;
- matters concerning information cooperation;
- matters concerning application of technical means of customs control;
- counteraction of Customs offences;
- matters concerning personnel training for Customs authorities of Pridnestrovie.
The representatives of the Pridnestrovian delegation highlighted that signing of the Memorandum on cooperation was the significant step both for Customs authorities and for the Republic in whole. This document creates a legal basis for further fruitful cooperation between Customs services of two countries.
Moreover this document is actual than ever more in the context of efforts aimed at encouraging and supporting export of the Pridnestrovian products to Russian market.