- enhancing the effectiveness of practicable use of customs procedures throughout the territory of Transdnistrian Republic;
- all possible development of global trade;
- implementation of new mechanisms of customs regulations, combining trade encouragement measures and safety measures.
In 2008, the final year of realization of The Program of development of Customs bodies of Transdnistrian Republic, information technologies were introduced in operation of Customs bodies of Transdnistrian Republic in accordance with the following directions:
- enhancing the efficiency of customs clearance of cargoes and their crossing the frontier check points;
- reducing the influence of the human subjective element when making decisions on customs clearance and cargo control;
- improving the quality of customs servicing of the participants in international trade.
The realization of these directions has begun some years ago by means of introduction of automated information system of customs clearance – AISC of the Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic. Recently the software system “AISC” used in the department of customs clearance for reception and examination of economic agent’s declarations underwent a number of changes and innovations and reached a new level of speed and effectiveness.
Step-by-step introduction of information technologies allowed to Customs Services of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic solving the problems concerned with automation of the processes of customs activity that provided the carrying out analytic work in the field of foreign – economic activity regulation.
The up-to-date information-technical infrastructure of The State Customs Committee of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic includes:
- the single automated information system;
- departmental integrated telecommunication network;
- hardware for customs control and security;
- information security system of Customs bodies.
Automation of customs technologies and efficient management of customs activity allowed deciding the complex problems concerned with collecting, processing, storing and analyzing the operative information about the state of customs clearance and customs control; with law-enforcement work; with planning the activity of Customs bodies and communicating information to structural divisions in the automated mode.
It is necessary to underline, that in the context of the chosen strategy The State Customs Committee of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic has intensified its work in application of modern means of customs control as well as software products for customs purposes.
The information constituent of Customs work was intensified by using:
- special vision systems for customs control;
- hardware-software complex “Potok”, which allows to exercise on-line control over vehicle movement across the customs border of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic;
- automated information system of customs clearance AISC of The State Customs Committee of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic;
- automated registration system of the violations of customs rules for the purposes of complex analysis of the facts of violations of customs rules, smuggling, risk profiles formation;
- information programs that provide the remote control over the process of customs clearance for the participants in international trade, the processes of examination and registration of external contracts in customs offices of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic.
Within the framework of implementation of the three-year program the innovations were done in the field of organization of customs system in 2008. Thanks to the systematic work on the perfection of customs procedures, forms and techniques of customs clearance and customs control of goods, which are moved across the customs border of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic, the experts of The State Customs Committee of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic:
- developed the new schemes of customs control of goods, providing the documentary control of declared goods and vehicles by one inspector under the rigid time restriction for carrying out a single operation;
- introduced the new program module “the registration of foreign trade agreements” that allows registration of external contracts in customs offices, in the area of which the economic agent is accredited. Thanks to this module the charges for delivery of external contracts were essentially minimized for participants in international trade as well as the registration term of foreign trade agreements was reduced from 10 days till 24 hours;
- reduced substantially the list of the goods in respect of which customs value has to be declared by filling a declaration of customs value;
- reduced the quantity of goods declaration copies, lodged in customs offices when declaring goods (from 4 copies for imported goods and 5 copies for exported goods to 2 and 3 goods declaration copies at the import and export respectively);
- introduced successfully the information system to cut down financial expenses and time consumption of economical agents; it allows to the declarants to make the remote control over the goods declarations, to control on-line current condition of the personal account, the state of customs clearance of goods declarations and terms of their presenting. At the same time, thanks to the information system “Konus”, that has been developed by the experts of The State Customs Committee of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic, administrations of the enterprises are able to control declarant’s work.
It is significant that the year 2008 has become the turning point in consolidation of cooperation with the participants in international trade. The Public Advisory Council for implementation of customs policy was set up under the auspices of The State Customs Committee of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic. Its mission is to promote the development and the implementation of customs policy of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic on the basis of structural interaction of Customs and business of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic with a view to ensuring the protection of economic interests of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic, making the optimum conditions for private sector, improving the structure of export-import transactions, attracting foreign investments. Due to The Public Advisory Council activity the process of seeking the structural solutions of the issues that are of the mutual interest both for the participants in international trade and Customs bodies became more active; as a result it will serve to the development of foreign commerce and production in Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic.
Within the framework of the Council the meetings were held with the directors of the enterprises as well as with the chiefs of the structural divisions which have the competence on the issues of customs control and interaction with customs bodies.
The further development of customs infrastructure has become the main part of the implementation of The Program of development of Customs bodies of Transdnistrian Republic; the reconstruction of customs objects was carried out taking into account the international requirements.
International Customs Day is the occasion to recollect the main milestones of customs cooperation, which was fulfilled by Customs bodies of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic last year.
In the framework of The Agreement of the working meeting of The Vice-Chairman of the Government of Russian Federation Zhukov A.D. and The President of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic Smirnov I.V. (23.05.2006) the consolidation of cooperation of The State Customs Committee of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic with Federal Customs Service was continued in 2008. This was realized including by means of organization of trainings for Transdnistrian customs officers – the citizens of Russian Federation – in structural divisions of Federal Customs Service of Russian Federation as well as vocational training and raising the level of their professional skills on the base of The Russian Customs Academy. The students from Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic, including the employees of The State Customs Committee of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic, are the full and part-time students and post-graduate students of this educational establishment. It is necessary to note that the education in The Russian Customs Academy, one of the leading institutes of higher education of Russian Federation, has become the significant factor of raising the level of Transdnistrian customs officers’ professional skills.
Thanks to the successful realization of The Program of development of Customs bodies of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic the reliable base was laid for the further development and reforming of Customs Service of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic. The guiding lines of the State Customs Committee work for the near future are:
- simplification of customs procedures with providing the effective customs control at the same time;
- protection of the domestic market, domestic commodity producers and domestic consumer due to the enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of counteraction against smuggling and violations of customs rules;
- as much as possible fast implementation of customs clearance of goods and vehicles that are moved across the customs border of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic;
- enhancement of the capacity of customs check points;
- expanded implementation of modern information technologies and customs hardware for customs control and customs clearance, the achievement of the qualitatively new level of informatization of customs bodies.
The realization of all these directions will allow to Customs Service of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic taking significant steps towards the introduction of the WCO Framework of Standards in its operation as well as towards harmonization the legislation of Transdnistrian Moldavian Republic with the legislation of The Russian Federation pertaining to the customs system. Let’s remind that Russian Federation is the active member of WCO, which forms the nationl customs legislation in conformity with international standards.