Travellers are permitted to bring into Pridnestrovie vehicles registered in their home countries for their own private use duty-free and under simplified procedure without written declaration to Customs and paying customs duties.
Temporary admission of vehicles with foreign registration plates to Pridnestrovie is allowed under certain conditions:
- Declaration by action (no written customs declaration, presentation of means of transport and documents to Customs at border crossing points);
- foreign passport or other identity documents indicating nationality and place of residence, consular registration;
- vehicle registration certificate or a substitute document;
- documents confirming residence or temporary stay in the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic and the period of such residence or temporary stay;
- documents confirming the right to use means of transport.
- Payment of vignette charge.
The amount of the vignette charge depends on the declared period of temporary admission of vehicle with foreign registration plates. The vignette is paid upon entry to Pridnestrovie at border crossing points in national currency (PMR roubles) or in foreign currencies rated by the Pridnestrovian Republican Bank (currency exchange rates https://www.cbpmr.net/?lang=en).
Temporary admission period
|7 days||58 PMR roubles|
|15 days||116 PMR roubles|
|30 days||232 PMR roubles|
|90 days||362.50 PMR roubles|
|180 days||652.50 PMR roubles|
Maximum time limit for temporary admission of vehicles registered abroad and imported by travelers for personal purposes shall not exceed 180 days. If necessary, the extension of this period could be provided by Customs for as long as needed (maximium for 180 days) without re-exportation of a vehicle from the Customs territory upon payment of vignette charge in any customs office (inland or border customs offices).
Vehicle with foreign registration plates temporary brought into Pridnestrovie by foreign citizens for personal purposes must be re-exported from the customs territory before the expiry of the authorized temporary admission period.
The receipt confirming payment of vignette shall always be kept in the vehicle during the stay in Pridnestrovie. This document must be presented to Customs on exiting the country.
The exemption from vignette payment is granted to foreigners – citizens of the CIS-countries temporary imported to Pridnestrovie personal vehicles permanently registered in CIS-countries.
Temporary imported vehicle with foreign registration plates must be only for traveller’s private use and cannot be used for passenger and cargo transport services and other types of commercial activity.
Temporary imported vehicle for personal purposes without permission from Customs and without customs declaration is allowed to be transferred to:
- husband or wife and close relatives;
- the possession of other persons for purposes of maintenance, repair (excluding major repairs and upgrading) and/or storage.
Temporary imported vehicle with foreign registration plates is allowed to be transferred to other persons under authorization of Customs and without customs declaration for purposes of re-exporting a vehicle from the customs territory of Pridnestrovie in the event of declarant’s death, serious illness or for other objective reasons.